|PRINTER FRIENDLY PAGE. To view this artist's HOME
page, click or visit: https://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Johnny-Rivers.htm **
Booking Johnny Rivers - Rock and Roll Music Artists - Pop/Rock - © Richard De La Font Agency,
Inc. - For serious booking requests
only, click here: For More Information
"The Secret Agent Man"
Rock and Roll veteran Johnny Rivers has been a
consistent contributor and influence in rock music since the early
1960's. With seventeen gold records and two Grammy awards to his name,
this singer/songwriter and producer has sold more than 30 million
records and recorded 25 LP's.
Johnny Rivers continues to play to standing room
only crowds worldwide.
List of accomplishments include --
- Won two Grammy Awards for "Record of the
Year" and "Producer of the Year" for "Up, Up and
Away" by The Fifth Dimension (1967)
- Contributed to the start of the American discotheque craze at the Whisky
A Go-Go in Los Angeles in 1963
- Performed with the E-street Band and President
Clinton at his 1992 Inaugural Ball.
- Performed the National Anthem at the 1995 Sugar Bowl
game and "Official" Party.
- Was interviewed on the world's first audio broadcast
on the Internet (January 1996).
- Awarded the "Heroes and Legends" 1995
Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Featured in "The History of Rock and Roll"
- President of Soul City Records, his own top record
and publishing company, and a successful singer/songwriter by the
age of 25.
- Reactivated Soul City Records in 1977 with the
success of "Swayin' to the Music (Slow Dancin')" and again in
1998 with the Soul City releases: "Greatest Hits,"
"The Memphis Sun Recordings," "Realization" and
"Last Train to Memphis."
- His "Secret Agent Man" was named TV's
number 4 Best Theme Song of all time by TV Guide (June 1999).
- Led Glen Campbell
to his first #1 record, "By
the Time I Get to Phoenix" after recording it on on his LP
- Broke all existing Las Vegas audience records in
1966 when he appeared at The Riviera with
- Was the first rock and roll act to play New York's
famed Copa Cabana.
- Put singer Al Wilson together with "The
Snake" and produced his hit recording.
- His "Secret Agent Man" is hot again in the
90's with the success of 60's spy film Austin Powers and new James
Bond films featuring Pierce Brosnan.
- ...and more!
Hit songs include --
- Poor Side of Town
- Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Secret Agent Man
- Curious Mind (Um, Um, Um, Um, Um)
- Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Seventh Son
- Mountain of Love
- Swayin' To The Music (Slow Dancin')
- The Tracks of My Tears
- Summer Rain
- I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water
- Midnight Special
- Help Me Rhonda
- Where Have All The Flowers Gone
- Under Your Spell Again
- Blue Suede Shoes
- Muddy River
- Look To Your Soul
- Into The Mystic
Johnny Rivers may be available for your next special event.
For booking information, click
What Others Say
"This was my third Johnny Rivers concert within the last 9 months. Like the past 2, this one was excellent. This man needs to be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. He is simply astounding on guitar. His closing of the show with "Slow Dancing" is my favorite. Thanks, Johnny for letting this long-time fan on the stage with you. I'll never forget it. You're the best."
To book Johnny
Rivers for your special event,
De La Font Agency, Inc.
For faster service, do this first - click on this link:
For serious booking requests only.
Thank you for this consideration.